Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Five Random Facts

Everything here doesn't have to be so deep and emotional.  So to lighten things up I've decided to share five random things about me.  I'm also going to attempt a 30 day challenge just like this.


  • Ten years ago as I was leaving the water department after paying my bill, I noticed a small child standing in the driveway of her house across the street in only her night gown.  It was freezing rain during the month of January.  She was barefoot.  All of these things struck something in me and I went to see what was wrong.  Her house was on fire and she was the only one who had gotten out.  I put her in my car to stay warm and went into the house to help three more children, a mother and a few pets get out of the house before the fire department arrived.  I left when the police began to question the mother about why the kids weren't in school.
  • I've never seen Kill Bill...any of them.  In fact, MOST of the movies you've seen and I do mean MOST... I have not.
  • I've spent more time that I care to admit trying to understand how mirrors and cameras work.  Think real hard on that for a minute.  Yea...so I don't spend a lot of time in mirrors or take lots of pictures.
  • As a kid I use to practice playing dead, navigating my house with my eyes closed/blindfolded to heighten my other sense, and other sorts of preparation.  I have no idea why but it has come in handy many many times.
  • When a particular song hits my spirit I will play it on repeat for WEEKS.  Not sure if anyone else does this but it drives my kids crazy.
Yeah it was supposed to be TEN random things but this took long enough.  I can't think of any others that I want to share right now.

Bite me.

1 comment:

  1. You hero, you!!! I am soooo on the same page when it comes to a song that hits me. Sometimes I play it so much that even I get annoyed. I also feel the same way about most of the movies that others have seen - i haven't. I did see Kill Bill and wish that I could re-gain those 90 minutes or so, alas, no. 5 more things to go! Get ta typin'. V.

    ReplyDelete